[Python-Dev] new popen for win32!

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 23:24:53 +0200

just a few questions before I prepare the patch...

- first, a stupid question: is the popen2 and popen3
  versions replacements for the corresponding functions
  in the popen2 module.

  (or to put it another way: should the popen2 module
  be modified to use these functions on Windows?)

- should this go into the "nt" (posix) module, or should
  I create a new module?

- "win32popenWin9x.exe" is a rather unwieldy name for a
  file.  does anyone have a better suggestion?

       python_popen.exe
       py_popen9x.exe
       popenStub.exe

    ...?

- I'm using VC5 on this box, so I should probably avoid
  checking in my modified project files.  any VC6-wielding
  volunteers out there?

</F>