[Python-Dev] [Fwd: Re: Splitting c.l.py...]

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 17:42:11 -0400

[Guido]
> I don't know what to do about this, but Neil H's point that we
> might want to separate the operational issues from the deep
> discussions makes some sense.  Maybe there's even room for three
> lists: operational, current code and patches, and future
> features.
>
> But in reality, the difference between the various lists isn't
> the topic: it's the group of people.

There are at least 3 and maybe 6 or more of us who still read
c.l.py (though I've dropped back to newsgroup so I can skip
the braindead threads). As a partial solution, perhaps we
could use some self-discipline and sometimes say "kick it to
c.l.py". I, for one, would be willing to _help_ (not "assume
responsibility for"!) monitoring threads of this sort and
summarizing back to the dev list.

For ideas on which Guido is > -0, I think this might be a good
way to guage reaction.

- Gordon