[Python-Dev] __SC__ #define?

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 01:54:46 -0400

[Fred L. Drake, Jr.]
>   Does anyone know the purpose of the __SC__ define that's tested in
> Include/object.h or Objects/floatobject.c?

Beats me.  The symbol __SC__ appears to be predinfed by the Symantec C
compiler.  It shows up in several bits of interesting code via google, like

#if defined(__MWERKS__) || defined (__SC__)
#define BRAIN_DEAD_INLINING     // define this to declare "hot"
#endif                          // functions as macros instead
                                // of C++ inline functions

Alas, like most other older & widely-ported C programs, Python's use of
magical & undocumented preprocessor symbols is a god-awful mess.

most-developers-would-be-shot-except-they're-so-hard-to-
    replace<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim