[Python-Dev] what about the SF task manager?

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Sun, 09 Jul 2000 10:26:28 -0500

[effbot]
> has anyone here used the SF task/project manager?

Not me.

> does it work?

Dunno.

> maybe we should switch SF's version on for python, so
> that people can list things they should get around to
> finish some day? ;-)

It's an idea.  Currently these are hidden in the old TODO wizard and
the "request" category in the Jitterbug-based bugs list on
python.org...

> (we could use the patch manager for this purpose, of
> course -- #100764 is one current example)

:-)

> in the long run, I'd much rather see something based
> on roundup (which is the best issue tracking system
> I've ever seen, period), but I guess nobody has time
> to deal with that right now...

I've never seen roundup, either, but it is sure getting good press...
Maybe one of my fellow PythonLabs employees can set it up on
pythonlabs.com?

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)