[Python-Dev] Feature Request: IPv6 support built into 1.6/2.0 (fwd)

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 20:54:01 +0200

On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 06:44:24PM +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> I wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/ has patches for 1.5.2

> the patch looks fairly clean to to me.

> if anyone wants to check with the original author, and update
> the patch for 2.0, I'm definitely +1 on this one.

Out of curiousity, what does the patch rely on ? I toyed around with IPv6 a
while back (err, make that 3 years back. Gosh, does time fly!) and setting
it up was pretty involved, getting the right client libraries and stuff.
Is there anything like a standard interface, nowadays, or will the socket
(or is that 'socket6' ?) library have to worry about all kinds of different
interfaces ?

I'd check the patch out, had I the time ;P I might get it late next week or
so.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>