[Python-Dev] Feature Request: IPv6 support built into 1.6/2.0 (fwd)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 15:04:20 -0400 (EDT)

Thomas Wouters writes:
 > Out of curiousity, what does the patch rely on ? I toyed around with IPv6 a
 > while back (err, make that 3 years back. Gosh, does time fly!) and setting
 > it up was pretty involved, getting the right client libraries and stuff.
 > Is there anything like a standard interface, nowadays, or will the socket
 > (or is that 'socket6' ?) library have to worry about all kinds of different

  There's a standard API for both "normal" and advanced features of
IPv6 sockets defined in some IETF documents; I'm not sure of their
current state, but they've been in development for a while, so they
might even be RFCs by now.

 > I'd check the patch out, had I the time ;P I might get it late next week or
 > so.

  I may look at them in a few days as well.  Multiple opinions may be
very valuable on a topic as detailed and pervasive as this!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member