[Python-Dev] Re: [Patches] Let's use the SourceForge Patch Manager

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:55:45 -0400

[Trent Mick
 Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 1:17 PM]
> What are the chances of getting other meta data fields on patches, i.e.
> changes to the patch manager?

A question for SourceForge.

> Categorizing patches could really help as a filter. For instance, I
> may be a Unicode genius and would like to see the patches associated
> with it.

There's already a "Category" field on SF patches, but the main view doesn't
show it (you have to look at an individual patch to see it) and there's
apparently no way to filter on it either.  Also think you have to be an
admin to create a new category.  I'll confess in advance, though, that I
expect each additional field will just be one more field set incorrectly on
the vast minority of patches.

> Perhaps ownership (i.e. 'assigned to') of the patch should transfer
> to the person responsible for later taking to patch out of 'postponed'
> status.

Yes; thank you; I'll post a revision later today.  The intent was always
that "assigned to" be the most likely person to take action next.