[Python-Dev] [OT] IE5 weirdness (was: Sourceforge Interface Concerns)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 02:40:58 -0700

On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 11:55:47PM +0200, Thomas Wouters wrote:
>... Content-Type and Content-Disposition discussion ...
> All in all, I'm no longer suprised when something dynamic (CGI scripts,
> php/asp/jsp pages, whatever) refuses to work properly with IE ;) Quite a
> depressing thing to know, this, but you can't always blame the
> website-owners or the software developers.

No doubt. I'm there with you.

While working on the DAV stuff, I found that it totally bombs on a GET on a
DAV resource when the Last-Modified header is not returned. (!!)  Of course,
dynamic scripts practically never return that, so I had to insert the
following in my httpd.conf:

<Files "*.shtml">
  Header set Last-Modified "Fri, 03 Mar 2000 06:32:31 GMT"
</Files>

Pretty fuggin broken, if you ask me :-)

Oh. Even more broken: it makes you send the time. It doesn't display it in
the Windows Explorer / Web Folder like you would expect. The "Modified"
column is simply blank.  *boggle*

Cheers,
-g

--