[Python-Dev] Demo/embed causes 'import site' failure

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:36:05 -0500

> Yes... I meant: it is not available from Python. (mx.Tools
> publishes an interface to this flag: sys.verbosity() which
> also allows setting the value at runtime.)

It would make a lot of sense for the sys module to allow access to the
values of all the Python command line options, and perhaps to allow
changing them.

Anybody interested in designing an API here?  Some requirements would
be platform independence, extensibility, and necessarily the ability
to work even in an environment without command line flags (since it
still has the corresponding internal flags).

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)