[Python-Dev] Venting some steam on current developments

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:34:04 -0400 (EDT)

Jack Jansen writes:
 > pretty abysmal commercial ssh which could possibly be beaten into
 > forwarding connections, but it's expensive (and it doesn't work:-).

  And port-forwarding isn't likely to help, either.  ;(  The remote
CVS protocol can be used directly over a socket, but the standard CVS
client isn't written to work that way with authentication.  It really
wants to talk to another process via a pipe (such as rsh or ssh); I
have no idea how feasible this is on the Mac (because of my ignorance,
not because I don't think the Mac can do it).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member