[Python-Dev] list comprehensions again...

Ka-Ping Yee pingster@ilm.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:01:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 07:02:06PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
[...]
> > But wouldn't some variation on
> >
> >     for x, y in a, b:
> >
> > invoke resonance with the classic idiom?  Okay, now I'm reduced to
> > arguing syntax (and syntax which I haven't thought out much :).
>
> for x, y in a, b:
>
> won't work. "a, b" is a tuple constructor. The for-loop will iterate over a
> two-item tuple, and unpack each item (a and b) into the x,y variables.

That's why i suggested the above, with semicolons instead of commas.
Other ideas for a separator symbol are welcomed... but i think the
semicolon may be the only reasonable option left.

-- ?!ng

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
    -- Jason Kidd, upon being drafted by the Dallas Mavericks