[Python-Dev] no test_posix, test_os or test_sys?

Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:06:37 -0400

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 09:50:54AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>No test_posix.py or test_os.py!  (No test_sys.py either!)  These are some of
>the most heavily used modules in Python.  They deserve test cases...

Note that you might want to break it up into subtests; for example,
test_fork.py tests os.fork() already.  So you could have one test case
for file-related operations, another for uid-related, etc.  A full
test_os.py would be huge and ungainly.

(I've speculated about adding a unit testing framework, similar to the
one we use internally at the MEMS Exchange; the discipline of using it
makes writing a test more time-consuming, but the tests also wind up
being more comprehensive.)

--amk