[Python-Dev] zip() and list-comprehension with commas

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:42:52 -0400

Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>:
> "Stitch" and "with" are okay, but I'd like to hear someone debunk the
> names used today by MAL. They seemed very logical to me. I'd just change
> the semantics to be lazy in a couple of cases.

I would be happy with weave(), with(), or MAL's names.  I think zip
is best avoided for reasons already discussed.
--

  "...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."
[...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.]