[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:51:17 -0400 (EDT)

    PP> I'm not clear on the role of opinions in this process. Do all
    PP> of the opinions about a proposal go in the PEP:

    |  * "I hate this, here's why"
    |  * "I have a minor enhancement proposal"
    |  * "Here is my competing proposal"

In some sense yes, but it's the job of the owner/shepherd to follow
the various threads, and include debate about the proposal as open
issues.  This would all lead to one of these conclusions:

- we've reached consensus and now need just implement the proposal
- we've reached an impasse and the BDFL will rule by decree
- the proposal is hopeless flawed and the idea should be dropped
- we need more information or research
- we're defering the proposal to a future release

-Barry