[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)
Barry A. Warsaw
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:51:17 -0400 (EDT)
>>>>> "PP" == Paul Prescod <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
PP> I'm not clear on the role of opinions in this process. Do all
PP> of the opinions about a proposal go in the PEP:
| * "I hate this, here's why"
| * "I have a minor enhancement proposal"
| * "Here is my competing proposal"
In some sense yes, but it's the job of the owner/shepherd to follow
the various threads, and include debate about the proposal as open
issues. This would all lead to one of these conclusions:
- we've reached consensus and now need just implement the proposal
- we've reached an impasse and the BDFL will rule by decree
- the proposal is hopeless flawed and the idea should be dropped
- we need more information or research
- we're defering the proposal to a future release