[Python-Dev] Unit testing...

Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:46:42 -0400

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 03:37:39PM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>I didn't mean that I wanted you to do it :-).  Are you saying that you
>personally aren't interested or that the rest of us shouldn't be
>interested in either?

I'm personally not interested in doing the work, that's all.  Someone
should definitely do this, though; a better standard testing framework
would be very useful.

>I'm not at all familiar with this code.  Has it been released?  Is it
>open source?  Could it be used for the Python test suite?

Not formally released, no; an old version is hiding inside Quixote
(http://www.mems-exchange.org/exchange/software/files/quixote/) as
test.unittest.py, because it was used to write the included test
suites.  I could go try to get a licence for it, but you know what
that'll be like.  (My, aren't I sounding bitter today...)

--amk