[Python-Dev] Re: [Fwd: Discussion: Introducing new operators for matrix comput ation]

Favas, Mark (EM, Floreat) Mark.Favas@per.dem.csiro.au
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:30:13 +0800

Speaking as a research scientist with my computational
chemistry/visualization hat down around my ears, I'd certainly welcome such
operators, as would a couple of my colleagues to whom I introduced Python.
One was a heavy user of Sather until the steam went out of it, then C++ for
a time, now Python+NumPy - and loving it! A set of matrix operators would
expand Python's sphere of use - scientists process numbers as well as
text...