[Python-Dev] Request for Opinions

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:01:43 -0400 (EDT)

  PP> Greg Stein wrote:
  >>
  >> I think this is for the XML SIG. I don't know why it is
  >> here. SIGs discuss and design, then roll up their final
  >> decisions.

  PP> Okay, so we can agree in the XML SIG that we love XPath and then
  PP> "check in" 4K of Bison/FLEX/C/Python code without consulting
  PP> anyone else?

Yes.  You've got it exactly.  How do you think lambda made its way
into the language?

Seriously -- you've already seen Guido's response.  I think there's no
chance of adding third-party code to the Python CVS repository or
source distribution.  The only way I could imagine it happening is if
there was strong consensus from the XML SIG.  So Greg's suggestion is
a good one.

Jeremy