[Python-Dev] posixpath module.

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:26:49 -0400 (EDT)

Alex Coventry writes:
 > I don't have any negative tests with garbage input.  I'm thinking that
 > that's not so important anyway, because in python programs tend to break
 > with garbage input, but of course I'm really punting mainly out of
 > temporary boredom. :)

  If an exception is expected, it should test that it gets the right
failure.  This is especially important in a regression test, so that
failing cases don't silently becoming non-failing cases.

 > Should posixpath.normpath resolve '/..' to '/'?  My linux box does.

  I don't understand; in what context?  "/" on my box contains "..",
which is itself.  There's nothing special about it in the "path
algebra," but it may be a useful reduction.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member