[Python-Dev] Help command

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 20:44:55 -0500

Would anyone scream if I just checked this help module in? You can play
with it without a site.py patch. Just import it "by hand". A patch is
somewhat cumbersome for a new module and a lot less people would try it
if they had to hunt down and install a particular patch. I could check
it in, we could try it out for a week and then just as easily I could
delete it if people don't like it. There is no impact on any other code.
It's difficult to extract sense from strings, but they're the only
communication coin we can count on.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html