[Python-Dev] Help command

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 16:09:47 +0200

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 08:49:45AM -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:
> Moshe Zadka wrote:

> > In a Red Hat installation, they don't install the HTML docs at all.

> What docs are installed? As I recall, "man Python" was similarly useless
> on my last Red Hat machine. Hopefully that's been fixed but of course we
> don't deliver our docs in man format. It was very frustrating to find
> Python "hidden" like that when I knew that Red Hat uses it extensively
> themselves. I also wanted it to have an icon in their little start menu
> thing.

Last I checked, the documentation came in a seperate RPM apckage, And it was
just the TeX files, not HTML. And it was just the Library Reference in
/usr/doc/python-docs-1.5.2/Doc/, not Doc/lib as one would expect. Oh, there
seems to be the Language Reference as well, in
/usr/doc/python-docs-1.5.2/Doc/ref/, but those are in FrameMaker format
(ref*.doc files. Never heard of FrameMaker myself.)

In short, ferget it ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>