[Python-Dev] Pre-PEP Idea

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 11:15:17 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> help is not a magical function/statement but an instance with a repr
> that does the right thing. And yes, it will probably only be loaded at
> the repl. Or it could be a 10-line instance that loads its content when
> it is actually used. That might allow

Geez, guys, that's one of the first things I did for Python!  The URL is
long dead, but i think there's a version in the contrib ftp directory.  I
think I called it ihelp.  I used the emacs info files, so is way out of
date.

--david

PS: Then again, these days I'd rather work out an API for a help lookup
mechanims that the twelve IDEs could all use, rather than encourage people
to stick with glass tty's =).