[Python-Dev] Linker problems on Linux

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:24:20 -0400 (EDT)

  TP> [M.-A. Lemburg]
  >> ...  Why hasn't anyone objected to simply dropping such an
  >> important API without proper backwards compatibility workaround ?

  TP> If I knew it was happening, I would have whined.  And I expect
  TP> Guido would have screamed.

Actually, I wasn't sure we had reached consensus on the list before I
checked it in, so I got an explicit okay from Guido before I made the
changes.  I know I didn't think about binary compatibility, and
suspect that Guido overlooked it as well.

  TP>                             So let's fix it, and move on.  I
  TP> expect patch review isn't as good as it used to be because of
  TP> the clumsy SourceForge interface, so nobody noticed.

We got reviews of the patch, too.  Fred suggested a small cleanup of
the original patch.

That said, I don't object to binary compatibility.  I'm +0 on the
patch.

Jeremy