[Python-Dev] ascii default encoding

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:11:37 +0200

Gordon McMillan wrote:

> M.-A. Lemburg,
>
> > Thomas Wouters wrote:
>
> [deprecate / depreciate]
>
> > It seems that one is stronger than the other. I'll stick with the
> > weaker one ;-)
>
> One is passive. Your new car depreciates in value, whether
> Guido says it should or not.

Ok ok... :-)

I'll remove the "i" from "depreciated" and will
instead try to add the "n" to "unkown" -- promised ;-)

> > Fine... but it'll cause a performance hit when used in tight
> > loops (function call + method lookup). They should use somehting
> > like:
> >
> >  spacejoin = ' '.join
> >  spacejoin(sequence)
> >
> > instead.
>
> It's become very obvious that you haven't read c.l.py in quite
> awhile.

That's true -- don't have time for that anymore. I usually only
scan the newsgroup for articles related to my mx stuff and
database/datetime related things.

For me, python-dev has become the new home.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg