[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/nondist/nondist - New directory

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:54:11 -0400 (EDT)

    >>  You can't.

    PP> Gah. That sucks.

Welcome to CVS.  What did Greg Wilson say at IPC8?  Paraphrasing: CVS
is the worst tool everybody uses. :)

    >> Somebody with access to the repository will have to remove it,

    PP> You mean an SF employee?

Yup, you need to make an admin request to do anything with the
repository, like remove directories, move files, or clear locks.

    >> but even then, if someone else has already done and update and
    >> gotten the new dir, it'll mess up their working directories.
    >> Best to just leave it empty and let "cvs up -P" prune it out.

    PP> Not in the long run. It's just messy.

    PP> There's a mistake I won't make again (this week).

Been there, done that. :)

-Barry