[Python-Dev] PEP 201 - Parallel iteration

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:38:04 +0200

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 03:06:13PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> There's still the open issue of what zip(sequence_a) should return.

I'd vote for [(a,), (b,), (c,)], that is, still return tuples. It's
consistent with the use in the case of multiple sequences.

We already have map(None, sequence_a) that does it the non-obvious way ;) In
the map case it's easily explained: it turns the sequence into a list. In
the case of zip(), that isn't necessary (and not the point of the function,
anyway.)

I-still-wish-it-were-marry()-ly y'rs, ;)
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>