[Python-Dev] CVS: python/nondist/nondist - New directory

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:17:17 -0700

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 11:00:36PM -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:
> "Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> > Yeah, but it's only necessary because CVS doesn't let you do those
> > tasks through it's interface.  Well, kind of a pointless argument
> > because it probably won't change on SF any time soon, and who among us
> > is actively hacking on CVS? :)
>
> I mean CVS stores our information as a bunch of files on a hard disk.
> Those files use the Unix UGO security model. You are some one trusted
> (one or the other) should be in the PythonAdmins Unix group and you or
> that person should be able to physically change files in our directories
> using your shell account.

"should" != "current state of things"  :-)

The CVS repositories aren't opened up like that on SF, AFAIK. So yes,
"should" is quite true, but that doesn't help us now :-(  As Barry said...
unless SF changes that policy, then we just deal with it.

We could make an SF admin request to torch the nondist/nondist directory
from the repository.

Cheers,
-g

--