[Python-Dev] PEP 206 - NumPy

Alex Coventry alex_c@MIT.EDU
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:22:45 -0400 (EDT)

> BTW: What about kjBuckets and some other modules that have
>      been proposed? They are not in the PEP.

I used to use kjbuckets.kjSet a lot, but when I switched to
bleeding-edge python, I decided to try a roll-your-own using python
dictionaries because I expected (for no good reason -- I've never looked
at the python source for this :) the hashing implementation had
improved.  I haven't done any formal benchmarking, but for the one
application where I decided to do this, that one change made for a
tremendous speed up.

The class I used instead of kjbuckets.kjSet is at