[Python-Dev] Patches

Peter Schneider-Kamp peter@schneider-kamp.de
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:17:49 +0000

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> > -0 on that, I'd rather use snprintf when available, sprintf when not.
>
> strange argument.  why is it okay to crash Python on Windows,
> pure SUSv2 platforms, pure ANSI C platforms, etc?

I was assuming that most modern systems have a sprintf function
available. If this is not the case, my argument is indeed void.

I was extrapolating from the fact that it's available on the
systems I work on (linux, sunos, solaris).

> besides, snprintf doesn't do the same thing as my PyErr_Format
> replacement...

Yes, but it would by possible to use snprintf in PyErr_Format.

+1 on the patch. We cannot neglect Windows (unfortunately<wink>).

Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter@schneider-kamp.de