[Python-Dev] map() for methods

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:21:07 -0500

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> True, we'll need somthing like this for methods too... e.g.
> like the following API in mx.Tools:
>
> method_mapply(objects,methodname[,args=(),kw={}])
>
> The name is clumsy... suggestions welcome :-)

How about this name: "list comprehension."
"Hardly anything more unwelcome can befall a scientific writer than
having the foundations of his edifice shaken after the work is
finished.  I have been placed in this position by a letter from
Mr. Bertrand Russell..."
 - Frege, Appendix of Basic Laws of Arithmetic (of Russell's Paradox)