[Python-Dev] extended print statement, uPre-PEP

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:54:54 +0200

mark wrote:

> I've gotta agree here - I really am quite concerned about all the
> cool-but-not-really-necessary stuff being proposed.  I fear that =
Python
> will no longer be the small, simple to understand system that drew =
many of
> us to it in the first place.

that's only because you're a lazy guy, and don't want to have to
implement one weird thing after another in your compiler, just be-
cause someone submitted a patch to CPython ;-)

(seriously, I *strongly* agree with what you're saying, but you
already knew that, of course...  or maybe that's just because I'm
a lazy guy, and don't want to implement one weird thing after an-
other in my tools)

> OTOH, I have great faith that Guido will simply reject most of these =
ideas,
> regardless of the huge amount of work being spent on their PEPs, etc.  =
At
> least, I _hope_ he does!

well, if he doesn't, we can always join the Perl6 project...

> Our-simple-Python-is-turning-into-Medusa-ly,

hey, what's wrong with Sam's Medusa server? ;-)

</F>