[Python-Dev] ANSIfication problems: signalmodule.c doesn't compile

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:55:17 -0400

[Thomas Wouters]
> As for the other point, I'd say drop the support for
> 'int'-returning systems altogether. If such systems are still
> in use, they would've been generating warnings for a long time
> now. Apparently noone noticed.

The Unix(tm)-ish autoconfigure stuff came after my Unixish days, and I still
don't have a Unixish system available so I've got scant idea how it works.
From what I can dope out, RETSIGTYPE isn't mentioned in configure.in at all,
but gets pulled out of thin air by magic anyway by the time "configure" is
built:

    echo "$ac_t""$ac_cv_type_signal" 1>&6
    cat >> confdefs.h <<EOF
    #define RETSIGTYPE $ac_cv_type_signal
    EOF

This *suggests* it's "still an issue" under Unixy things, but beats me.
void is ANSI, int isn't.  If any Unixoid swears it's OK to nuke RETSIGTYPE,
I'd be delighted to do it.