[Python-Dev] extended print statement, uPre-PEP

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:02:32 +0300 (IDT)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> Add a `sep' keyword, check for residual keyword arguments, and I might
> be +0 on that.  Of course, now you're in the realm of...
>
> so-easy-i'll-just-cut-and-paste-this-into-my-own-app-ly y'rs,

Well, I know Python, being very quick to write in, makes this awfully
easy. But I still thing people would use

import sys
sys.writeln("hello", first_name, last_name+",")

rather then

def writeln(*args, **kws):
writeln(...)

<wink>

Actually, I'm beginning to think we need a utils.py module for this,
and the cool generator stuff. If we decide we need this in the builtins,
the builtin module could do the equivalent of "from utils import *"

or-we-could-just-make-python-harder-to-write-in-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.