[Python-Dev] Evolving Python

Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:25:17 -0400

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 03:02:04PM +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>if this is true, I really want a separate list for those of us who'd
>rather work on improving the implementation and the standard
>library.

Seconded.  There's lots of unsexy but useful stuff to be done simply
making the core distribution a bit more solid or a bit faster, the
demos a bit more up-to-date, the docs a bit more complete, &c.  I
think that part of my dislike of new language features stems from the
redirection of effort away from such basic tasks.  Can hardly wait
until PEP-related discussion finds its new home, whether on c.l.p or
on a pep-dev list.

--amk