[Python-Dev] Features for Python 2.0

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:36:34 +0300 (IDT)

Earlier today (from my prespective <wink>), Guido said that Python 2.0 is
supposed to include zip(), list comprehensions, range literals and
augmented assignments.

In private mail, Guido said the list is open to downwards debate, so I'm
opening it. <wink>

Would anyone feel really bad if we postpone list comprehensions and
augmented assignments to a later version? I'm a bit afraid of those
features, since they are quite large, and it is yet uncertain how programs
which use those features will look. (OTOH, zip will simply replace some
map(None) and iterating in parallel by index, and [0:10:2] will replace
range(0, 10, 2), so we have a pretty good idea about their effects)

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.