[Python-Dev] is this obselete?: [Patch #100888] Fix UCNs mach ine with >= 32bit longs

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:12:23 -0500

> Well, I can't check it in, so assigning it back to me would be fairly
> pointless.  Someone should also chime in on the Tools/perfecthash stuff as
> well.  If we want to keep it, I'll see if I can come up with an example
> using Python's tokens since the data set is way smaller. :)

I've learned from the sad NumPy experience that it's really bad to
generate code and then throw away the generator and start editing the
generated code...  So please keep the generator up-to-date!

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)