[Python-Dev] Fork on Win32 - was (test_fork1 failing...)

Neil Hodgson nhodgson@bigpond.net.au
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:21:01 +1000

> Getting?  I'm very old.  I think.  But even if I had a memory, I usually
> ignore Unix-specific posts (i.e., I can't run code with a .fork(), so can
> only sit back & admire the perversity of those who both can & do <wink>).

   IIRC ActiveState contributed to Perl a version of fork that works on
Win32. Has anyone looked at this? Could it be grabbed for Python? This would
help heal one of the more difficult platform rifts. Emulating fork for Win32
looks quite difficult to me but if its already done...

   Neil