[Python-Dev] Howto docs

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:21:32 -0400

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 10:06:00AM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>  Instead, we could have:
>  dist/
>      docs/
>          howto/
>          standard/
>      src/

If you want to do this reorganization, fine, but it seems like it'll
be a long way off.  Why not just put them in nondist/doc/howto?
(Other documentation could be put in nondist/doc -- I could even dig
out the grimoire and add it, if someone would be interested in
updating and maintaining it.)

On the other hand, the documentation maintainers might be a different
set of people from code maintainers, and we might not want them
checking in code changes, so having the docs as a completely separate
project would allow finer control of this.  On the third hand, we do
have the python-checkins list to keep an eye on what's happening.

I'd vote for nondist/doc/howto.

--amk