[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib SimpleHTTPServer.py,1.10,1.11

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 10:51:00 +0300 (IDT)

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> is it worth replacing a couple of lines of obvious code
> with a reference to a little-used module?

I believe so. So did everyone when the thread came up on Python-Dev a
couple of weeks ago -- I haven't followed up with the checkin for so
long because of technical problems (AKA lack of computer).

> and if I want to, how do I tweak the block size?

Just like you would in the old days: subclass SimpleHTTPServer, and
substitute the copyfile method with a call to shutil.copyfile with a
non-default size. (IOW, it's easier then what it was before).