[Python-Dev] Re: [Patches] Translating doc strings

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:03:50 +0200 (MET DST)

> We'll still need xgettext to scan the C code.

Please have a look at my lib.pot; I've been using xpot to extract the
C doc strings, which aren't currently marked-up in the Python source.

As for module docstrings: xpot doesn't recognize them either, but I
think it could be improved to do so. However, that would give a
substantial increase of the catalogs, so I'd recommend to add them
only when the translators are done with the first round of
translation. Having the full set of distutils doc strings in the
catalog is already a substantial amount of text to translate...

Regards,
Martin