[Python-Dev] release forms? (was: [Patches] New sys method to return total reference count in debug builds.)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@python.org
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 09:41:39 -0400 (EDT)

    GS> Given the New World Order, how does that impact the need for
    GS> these release statements and/or wet signatures?

    GS> Or a better way to put it, who "owns" Python now? Given a
    GS> "who", then we can ask that person/entity whether they want
    GS> release statements.

    GS> Given that Python is now on SourceForge, and there are
    GS> multiple people (at CNRI and otherwise) that can directly make
    GS> modifications, then the release below is certainly a bit
    GS> "off". For example, David Ascher has commit privs, so at his
    GS> "sole discretion, [he may] decide whether or not to
    GS> incorporiate this contribution..." :-)

I talked to Guido briefly about this.  Since 1.6 is the last "CNRI
release", he wants to continue along the current path for the time
being.  I'm sure he'll be just as happy to chuck all this crap as
Greg, and we probably will for 1.7.

-Barry