[Python-Dev] req: Software Carpentry / coding standards

Greg Wilson gvwilson@nevex.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:40:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, everyone.  We're a month away from final submissions in the Software
Carpentry design competition, which means we're two months away from
announcing winners and starting implementation effort, and we're wondering
whether there are generally-accepted coding standards, naming conventions,
or other guidelines that we should adopt.  If so, URLs would be welcome...

Also, it appears that there are two implementations of the xUnit testing
framework in Python:

Steve Purcell: http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=3912
Cayte Lindner: ftp://bio.perl.org/pub/katel/biopython/UnitTests/PyUnit.zip

We'd be grateful for comments on either.

Thanks,
Greg Wilson
Software Carpentry Project Coordinator