[Python-Dev] req: Software Carpentry / coding standards

Greg Wilson gvwilson@nevex.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:31:32 -0400 (EDT)

> Tim Peters wrote:
> When you can't fight about where to put curly braces, there's not much
> left to argue.  The only serious attempt at a Python style guide I've
> seen is Guido's:
>     http://www.python.org/doc/essays/styleguide.html

Yes, I've seen this.  I was wondering (a) whether it's up to date (i.e.
whether common practice has moved on), and (b) whether there is now a
consensus about module structure --- we're expecting several packages that
will be shared between tools, plus multiple modules within tools.  I've
been tracking the occasional message about re-organizing the standard
Python library, and would like whatever we do to be in line with wherever
Python itself is going.

Thanks,
Greg