[Python-Dev] req: Software Carpentry / coding standards

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:47:13 -0400

Ka-Ping Yee <pingster@ilm.com>:
> > The only serious attempt at a Python style guide I've seen is Guido's:
> >
> >     http://www.python.org/doc/essays/styleguide.html
>
> I love this style guide.  I know it's a strange reaction to
> have to a style guide, but i agree with basically everything
> in it, which is probably pretty rare for these sorts of things.

Likewise.  I never read this before, but it's spooky how closely the
style I evolved myself tracks it.
--

If a thousand men were not to pay their tax-bills this year, that would
... [be] the definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is possible.