[Python-Dev] RFC: Including PIL in 1.6

Ka-Ping Yee pingster@ilm.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:28:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Jack Jansen <jack@oratrix.nl>:
> > I include PIL in the standard MacPython and Mac users are apparently
> > very happy with that [...]
>
> I think it's time to consider including PIL in the core Python 1.6 release.
> I've been following the work being done over there, and I believe the
> code has reached a sufficient level of maturity to justify this.

I'm +0.  Well, perhaps +0.1.

I guess what i would really be "+" about is something to the effect
of "a popular Linux distribution decides to throw in the .so for PIL".
Then it wouldn't really matter to me whether it was in the "real"
standard distribution.

-- ?!ng

"The police are not here to create disorder. They're here to preserve
disorder."
    -- Former Chicago mayor Daley