[Python-Dev] Creating curses package: done

Sat, 10 Jun 2000 19:51:30 -0400

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 07:50:27PM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>I thought it was going to become part of curses from the user's point
>of view, so that "import curses" brings it in.  That seemed to be the
>intent of the request at the end of the curses HOWTO.

Ooh, no; that text is saying that an editor would make a good example
to put in the HOWTO.  I'd rather have the curses module contain only a
fairly close mapping of the C API, and extensions written in Python
would be in submodules like curses.editor, curses.textbox, whatever.
Similar to how socketmodule.c is a thin veneer over the BSD socket API,
and the spiffy extensions are in asyncore.py, httplib.py, &c.

--amk