[Python-Dev] unicode character name patch status

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:52:08 -0700

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 09:29:30AM -0700, Bill Tutt wrote:
> > From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@lyra.org]
> > If you go play games with the dynload stuff, then it would be
> > a bitch to
> > build a single, statically-linked executable.
>
> Nah, thats what the config.h hAVE_... for dynamic load support #define is
> for. :)

Just to beat a dead horse here: no. Just because config.h says that I
*could* dynamically load doesn't mean that I *want* to. If I want to build a
mother, static Python and I want the name table bundled in, then any dynamic

Now shut up, and drink your Kool-Aid. :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/