[Python-Dev] list comprehensions

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:44:25 -0400

[Ka-Ping Yee]
> I just have to say i thought list comprehensions were
> really cool.

[Eric S. Raymond]
> Ditto.  I would like to see this in 1.6.

Nobody has been more vocal in support of these (& augmented assignments)
than me, but I very strongly doubt they'll be in 1.6.  In the interests of
getting that out the door, Guido considers the 1.6 feature set to be frozen
already.

I think part of the pressure to get one more feature in Python (again &
again & again) is that release cycles have been soooooo protracted, now
slobbering well over the full year mark.  If I accomplish nothing else at
BeOpen, I want to give that a major speed boost -- I don't think we should
ever let 6 months go by without at least pumping out a bugfix release.

there-are-other-things-guido-doesn't-yet-know-he-believes-too<wink>-ly
    y'rs  - tim