[Python-Dev] SourceForge vs Windows

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:46:15 -0400

I have to get SourceForge developer access working with Windows (Win98SE,
specifically), so I'll write up detailed instructions along the way,
building on Mark Hammond's good clues.  Play along!  I'll accumulate
everyone's input & make a coherent how-to out of it.

Today's installment only covers the first step, as it took 12 hours for meto
complete it (rotten connectivity today, via 56K modem, requiring many
attempts at downloading before one succeeded):

[Mark Hammond]
> First, get the latest WinCVS.  Has some nice new features.  Mine shows
> as 1.1b13.  It has a slightly “slicker” more windowsy look than the
> older one.  What we really want is the version with the
Options/Preferences
> dialog that allows you to supply the “RAS identity” file when you select
> “SSH Server” as the auth method.  Previous versions allow you to select
> the SSH Server, but give you nowhere to put the identity file.  Hence
> previous versions used a batch file wrapper, which you probably saw
> reference to.  This version makes it much simpler.

I picked up the 1.1b14 version, released 19 Jun 2000, from

    http://www.wincvs.org/download.html

It's a 3.21 Mb zip file.

hard-to-blow-it-so-far<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim