[Python-Dev] Let's use the SourceForge Patch Manager

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:03:30 +0200

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> It's official: I've changed the patch submission guidelines
> (http://www.python.org/patches/) to point to the patch manager at
> SourceForge.  We are no longer bound by CNRI's legal department, so
> the requirement for disclaimers or wet signatures is gone.
>
> We'll have to see how it works in practice.  I've set the address
> where new patches are mailed to patches@python.org; this should send
> notifications to the patches list.  We could change this to python-dev
> perhaps, so we can retire the patches address completely (giving it an
> auto-respond pointing to the SF patch manager, as barry suggested).

Will there be a list which gets the patches mailed to it
by SF ?

I'm just asking because the current setup of having the patches
available through mail really helps in discussing patch details.

> There are several tasks to be assigned now: we need a triage person
> who should go through the list of new patches regularly to assign them
> to developers; we need developers who are willing to have patches
> assigned to them.

I'll volunteer for the Unicode side of things :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg