[Python-Dev] ANN: Release schedule

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:35:52 -0500

Here at BeOpen we're scrambling to get the release schedule for the
rest of Python 1.6 planned.  We're now looking at releasing Python
1.6b1 (or maybe it's going to be called 1.6a3 after all) on June 30!
This means that if SRE isn't ready, we'll go with an incomplete SRE.
Still better than no SRE!

Please, PLEASE, if you have pending patches that you think should go
into 1.6b1, submit them to SourceForge.  We'll do our best to have a
look at every patch submitted; but don't wait until the last moment.
(Trent Mick, it would be helpful if you assigned each of your patches
a potential reviewer from the list of existing developers -- that way
we can split up the review load.)